Welcome to Our Home

Welcome to Our Home

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

For the Gardeners

                                                                Okay for all of the other garden lovers out there, I have stumbled upon a little gadget that can save  you some $.  The Potmaker.. you can make your own seedling pots out of newspaper and then just plant the entire pot in the ground so the roots all stay in tact.  Quick and easy.. and makes me want to go buy more seeds even though it's getting a little late..  (Family.. Opa would have loved to whip a couple of these out for us wouldn't he?...miss him so much..)     ~~~On the fly~~ I just made a little pot like this using what I had to work with.. cut 3 inch wide strips of newspaper and wet them down with water then I used the bottom of a baby bottle  as my form wrapping the strips around it and then tucking them under the bottom of the bottle.. not as crisp on the bottom but it seems to produce a very similar result.                 

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I also wanted to tell you I like the photo on your header, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, the picture is of the light fixture above my guest bath vanity. ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great, cost efficient idea! I had taking little seedlings out of pots. They are so fragile. Thanks for sharing this tip. Yeah, it's too hot here to plant a seedling now. But next spring, I will remember this!

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The best sermons are lived, not preached" ~unknown
Never Explain --- your friends don't need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. ~Elbert Hubbard
1 Corinthians 10:24
"You're always going to find new things--it's not like you decorate it and it's done. Nothing's ever done." ~ Annie Selke
Proverbs 31:20
LIVE SIMPLY. LOVE GENEROUSLY. CARE DEEPLY. SPEAK KINDLY.
1 Peter 4:9
"Use Hospitality to One Another With Out Grudging"
Powered By Blogger